Our Paediatric First aid training courses (OFSTED) (EYFS Statutory Framework) is out most comprehensive Paediatric First Aid training course available and is suitable for all persons working with children at some capacity in an official setting. This is the course that you’ll need to undertake to be included in the required staff/ child ratios at level 2 or level 3 in an early year’s setting, or as a Childminder or Nursery Worker.
Following successful completion of the course and assessments, the learner will receive their certificate in Paediatric First Aid which is valid for 3 years.
The assessment is by way of practical observations throughout the course & a multiple choice test at the end of the course.
Course syllabus includes
- Understanding the role of the first-aider, including reference to;
- the importance of preventing cross infection
- the need for recording incidents and actions
- use of available equipment
Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Recognise & administer first aid to a casualty who;
- is unresponsive & breathing normally
- is unresponsive & not breathing normally
- is choking
- is wounded and bleeding
- has injuries to eyes, bones, muscles, joints & chest
- has suspected head or spinal injuries
- has small cuts, grazes and bruises
- has small splinters
- has minor burns and scalds
- has bites & stings
- has foreign bodies in the ears, eyes or nose
- has sudden poisoning
- is having a seizure
- has asthma
- has diabetes
- is suffering anaphylactic shock
- is suffering medical shock
- had an electric shock
- is suffering the effects of extreme heat or cold
- is having febrile convulsions
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment
Certificates are valid for 3 years.
Test: Practical assessment & multiple-choice test.