This qualification is aimed at advanced practitioners in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services. The qualification provides Learners with the skills and knowledge required to manage practice and lead others.
This qualification has five pathways covering a wide range of topic including safeguarding and protection, managing care services, supporting development, partnership working and promoting and developing best practice.
This qualification confirms competence in these areas and serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector where appropriate.
This qualification will suit you if you are responsible for running a facility that provides services for vulnerable children, adults or both. You might be an assistant or deputy manager, or a manager who has not yet achieved a recognised vocational qualification at this level.
It is recommended that Learners hold a Level 3 qualification in a related area.
A total of 90 credits are needed for this qualification to be achieved.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however learners must be at least 19 years of age.
This qualification provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their experience in management roles such a Home Care Manager, Children's Centre Manager, Care Manager, Deputy Manager, Scheme Manager, Play Centre Manager etc.
You will choose one of the following five pathways:
- Children and Young People's Management
- Children and Young People's Advanced Practice
- Adults' Residential Management
- Adults' Management
- Adults' Advanced Practice
All the pathways share five core units:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people's settings
- Working in partnership in health and social care, and children and young people's settings
Depending on the pathway you choose, you will complete a certain number of additional core units, as well as a range of optional units.