This qualiﬁcation is designed to help Learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age.
This qualification covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s settings including early years and social care.
It is the only Level 2 qualification conferring occupational competence for the Children and Young People’s workforce. It is mapped to the Children’s Workforce Development Council (CWDC) Induction Standards and the Children’s Care Learning and Development National Occupational Standards.
A total of 35 credits are needed for this qualification to be achieved.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
This qualification is suitable for those who work with children and young people. It provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their competence in a wide range of job roles.
You complete ten mandatory units at level 2:
- Child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
You also choose optional units from a range to suit your career plans.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into employment in children and young people’s care such as assistant roles in childcare centres, nurseries, children’s residential care homes, or preschool, or to further qualifications such as: