This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to work in the Early Years sector in England. It provides the knowledge and skills required for Early Years Educators, enabling learners to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification meets the full and relevant criteria set by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
To count in the ratios defined in the EYFS at Level 3, learners must hold a full and relevant Early Years Educator qualification and a Level 2 qualification in English and maths. GCSEs are no longer the only recognised qualifications and now includes functional skills.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over.
A total of 67 credits are needed for this qualification to be achieved.
This qualification is suitable for those who work or want to work within the Early Years sector in England and provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and competence to care for children from birth to five years.
You complete sixteen mandatory units at level 3:
- Applying the early education framework
- Assessment planning in early years settings
- Continuing professional development for early years practitioners
- Equality, diversity, and Inclusion in Early Years Practitioners
- Health, safety and security procedures in early years settings
- Personal care and wellbeing for children in early years settings
- Plan and lead activities and educational programmes
- Providing children with additional support in early years
- Safeguarding children in early years settings
- Supporting children through transitions and significant events
- Supporting children's holistic development
- Supporting positive behaviour in children during early years
- Understanding child development
- Understanding theories and philosophical approaches to child development
- Using assessment techniques for children in early years
- Working in partnership with parents and others in early years settings
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into a management role, or to further qualifications such as:
Check out our paediatric First Aid courses.
Click on the link below to view the full specification for the qualification:
Following the announcement that the EYFS framework is changing from September 2021, the Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Practitioner has been reviewed and made the relevant changes in line with the amends provided by the Department of Education. Please see the supporting document which highlights all the changes made within this current version of the specification.
Change Control Sheet