This qualification is aimed at learners who wish to work in the Early Years sector in England. It provides the knowledge and skills required for Early Years Educators, enabling learners to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged 5 to 7 years.
This qualification meets the full and relevant criteria set by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
To count in the ratios defined in the EYFS at Level 3, learners must hold a full and relevant Early Years Educator qualification and a Level 2 qualification in English and maths. GCSEs are no longer the only recognised qualifications and now includes functional skills.
A total of 67 credits are needed for this qualification to be achieved.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and over.
This qualification is suitable for those who work or want to work within the Early Years sector in England and provides Learners with an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and competence to care for children from birth to five years.
You complete sixteen mandatory units at level 3:
- Applying the early education framework
- Assessment planning in early years settings
- Continuing professional development for early years practitioners
- Equality, diversity, and Inclusion in Early Years Practitioners
- Health, safety and security procedures in early years settings
- Personal care and well-being for children in early years settings
- Plan and lead activities and educational programs
- Providing children with additional support in early years
- Safeguarding children in early years settings
- Supporting children through transitions and significant events
- Supporting children's holistic development
- Supporting positive behaviour in children during early years
- Understanding child development
- Understanding theories and philosophical approaches to child development
- Using assessment techniques for children in early years
- Working in partnership with parents and others in early years settings
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into a management role, or to further qualifications such as: