This qualification is aimed at advanced practitioners in Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services. The qualification provides Learners with the skills and knowledge required to manage practice and lead others.
The Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services has five pathways covering a wide range of topic including safeguarding and protection, managing care services, supporting development, partnership working and promoting and developing best practice.
This qualification confirms competence in these areas and serves as the required qualification for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector where appropriate.
This qualification is suitable for those who work within the Health and Social Care or Children and Young Peoples sectors as a Manager, Team Leader, Home Care Manager, Children’s Centre Manager, Care Manager, Deputy Manager, Scheme Manager, Play Centre Manager etc.
It is recommended that Learners hold a Level 3 qualification in a related area.
A total of 90 credits are needed for this qualification to be achieved.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however learners must be at least 19 years of age.
You complete six mandatory units at level 5:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
Learners will then need to choose core and optional units from their chosen pathway.