This is the level 3, 6-hour Ofqual/EYFS Statutory Framework compliant ‘EPFA’ course. If you’re employed in an early year’s setting, this is the course that you’ll need to undertake to be included in the required staff/child ratios at level 2 or level 3.
Following successful completion of the course and assessments, the learner will receive their certificate in Emergency Paediatric First Aid which is valid for 3 years.
The assessment is by way of practical observations throughout the course & a multiple choice test at the end of the course.
Course syllabus includes
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recognise & administer first aid to an infant or child who;
- is unresponsive & breathing normally
- is unresponsive & not breathing normally
- is choking
- is wounded and bleeding
- is having a seizure
- is suffering medical shock
- be physically able to carry out the practical elements of the course
- attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment
Certificates are valid for 3 years.
Test: Practical assessment & multiple-choice test.